Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I know you are but what am I?

I just feel like talking bout the fact that in my experience middle school teachers become as immature as the children they teach in their spare time.

Yesterday for example, I was walking down the hallway minding my own business when I suddenly felt a solid, painful "thud" between my shoulder blades. I turned around to see an orange rolling away behind me. Apparently my colleague was very excited to see me. Rather than saying "hey there" using the voice he was given to alert others to his presence, he explained when he saw me "he had to throw something", and felt like the orange was a better choice than the chocolate milk he had in his other hand. I reminded him that although the orange may have been better than the milk, and that people in prison beat each other with bags of oranges. Oranges are dense. Oranges are not gentle projectiles.

The other latest trend is for members of one team to put clothespins on members of other teams in awkward places. Why? Just so other people will come up and ask them why they have a clothespin randomly stuck to whatever location it may be in. Preferable somewhere embassing like dangling from the center of one's ass.

Also, once you become a middle school teacher you can no longer handle words like, balls, homo sapiens, rod, thrust etc. without falling apart.

This is all better than three years ago when the male teachers had a very questionable game in which they would whip their lanyards with keys at each others junk, the most prized score was between the legs from behind. So one guy would be dry heaving, hunched over with tears in his eyes while the rest stood around high fived each other and giggled. One of those participants just had a baby, so i guess his parts turned out ok, but I was worried for a little while.

1 comment:

  1. I know the whole point is about the maturity .. but I laughed pretty hard at the lanyard game :)

    gff

    ReplyDelete