Monday, March 9, 2009

Agenda Books and parent responsibility

Why would parents NOT utilize the agenda?

At the beginning of every year during open house, course letters etc., we go nuts trying to emphasize that their will be daily information from teachers in the students agenda in the form of stamps or notes. Every time a teacher, counselor or principal contacts you they mention the agenda book.

Your kid had the same agenda book LAST YEAR

I have invested in over ten stamps.

I have a "keep up the good work", "Good Job", Star Student" , "Hot shot" as well as "Disrupting During Instruction", "Did not use time wisely", "Unsatisfactory Work", and "Did Not Complete Science Work" etc. This agenda goes home every day. I send out Gradekeeper reports twice a marking period. The school sends out progress reports. You are required to sign the agenda weekly...yet you still have no idea how your kid is doing in school and despite my having 142 students want me to call you every time YOURS doesn't do an assignment even though I CLEARLY mark it in the agenda every day.

I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment